VEYE IMAGING Forum
    • Categories
    • Tags
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Users
    • WIKI
    • veye.cc
    • Register
    • Login

    Problem with GXC-MIPI-IMX662

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved VEYE MIPI camera
    6 Posts 2 Posters 299 Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A Offline
      alex_ai
      last edited by

      Hi @veye_xumm,
      I’ve just received your new sensor. While testing it, I noticed that the image keeps jumping for some reason, even though the camera is completely static. I’ve attached a sample video (renamed to txt). It looks like the image is stretching near the bottom of the frame, which creates a twitching/jittering effect. Is there any way to fix this?

      Rpi5, drivers updated to recent, sensor firmware version 01.32 2.19

      test_x264.mp4.txt

      veye_xummV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • veye_xummV Offline
        veye_xumm @alex_ai
        last edited by

        @alex_ai Apologies for the delayed response. I would like to know if there is any vibration or shake in your actual application scenario. Could you please try turning off the 3D Noise Reduction (3DNR) to see if there is any improvement?

        Questions will be answered as soon as possible, please be patient.
        如果你使用中文,请直接用中文提问。
        May the force be with YOU. (This is the translation of the mysterious Chinese symbol above.)

        A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          alex_ai @veye_xumm
          last edited by

          Hi @veye_xumm,
          As I wrote - camera is static, no vibration. Turning off of 3D Noise Reduction didn't help. I also tried with test image - it also has this issue on the last line at the bottom of frame (see attached renamed to txt video file)
          test_2x264.mp4.txt

          veye_xummV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • veye_xummV Offline
            veye_xumm @alex_ai
            last edited by

            @alex_ai

            I believe the issue does not lie with the camera output, but rather with the compression process after you receive the data. Please verify this using the client software available at the link below. The veye_viewer client is designed to preview raw grey format data directly, without applying any compression.

            https://github.com/veyeimaging/veye_viewer

            Questions will be answered as soon as possible, please be patient.
            如果你使用中文,请直接用中文提问。
            May the force be with YOU. (This is the translation of the mysterious Chinese symbol above.)

            A 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • A Offline
              alex_ai @veye_xumm
              last edited by

              @veye_xumm said:

              veye_viewer

              Hi @veye_xumm, all videos captured from veye_viewer (you can see it on first video)

              veye_xummV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • veye_xummV Offline
                veye_xumm @alex_ai
                last edited by

                @alex_ai Sorry, I misunderstood your setup. I've verified this on other boards, including Jetson, and it works fine. I now believe the issue is caused by image scaling in the veye_viewer client software on the latest Raspberry Pi OS. We'll fix this as soon as possible — please bear with us.

                Questions will be answered as soon as possible, please be patient.
                如果你使用中文,请直接用中文提问。
                May the force be with YOU. (This is the translation of the mysterious Chinese symbol above.)

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                • First post
                  Last post